We take privacy very seriously here on Shelgo Tea. We endeavour to protect the information given to us by our customers and to ensure that this information is not accessed by anyone other than ourselves and that it is not used excessively for marketing purposes by ourselves.
Read the following privacy policies to understand more about how your data is used by Shelgo Tea.
Shelgo Tea will never release your details to third parties, which means they will never be used for third-party marketing. We only use affirmative opt-ins when requesting details, so if you don’t request it, then you won’t get it.
- Orders: When you place an order on Shelgo Tea, we request your contact details so that we can send you details of your order along with any further correspondence concerning order updates, changes, and any other information we need.
- Contact: Your details will be stored briefly when you contact us by email to ask a question, in which case we request that you supply us with your name and email address so we can send a personalised reply.
- Live Chat: We may choose to store Live Chat logs indefinitely and to use these for training and evaluation purposes. When you use our Live Chat feature, you can request chat logs by email.
Your details will not be automatically added to our newsletters when you make a purchase or send us a query and will only be added when you explicitly agree to receive this information. Only users who have signed up to receive promotional material from Shelgo Tea will do so and to those, we make the following promises:
- We will not send you an excessive amount of emails. We send marketing emails once or twice a week on average and never more than once a day.
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Your information will not be sold, leased, traded, or given away to a third-party.
- Your information will only be accessible to members of the Shelgo Tea marketing team.
- You will automatically be unsubscribed from our list if you display a prolonged period of inactivity (generally above 6 months).
We understand how frustrating it is to receive a barrage of emails every day and that many users prefer to simply ignore these than to go through the process of unsubscribing. We don’t want to be one of those companies.
Your Right to be Forgotten
If you wish to have all your details removed from our database, simply contact us and let us know. We cannot remove your order history, as we need this for accounting purposes, but we can make your personal details and address anonymous on these orders and, if you have emailed us or used our Live Chat in the past, we can also remove your name, email address, and correspondence from our system.
Where newsletters are concerned, you can remove yourself simply by unsubscribing.
What We Have on You
It sounds ominous, right? Well, don’t worry, because we actually have very little on you.
The analytics we keep are not connected to our customers; this is generalised data concerning which platforms are being used, which webpages are being visited, and the average time that people spend on our site.
As a repeat customer, the only personal data we will ever have on you will be the data that you provide to us when you place an order, such as your address, name, contact number, and the products you ordered. We use secure, third-party payment systems to process all payments, so we never have access to card details and other payment methods and these are not stored onsite.
You are well within your rights to request a rundown of all the data we have on you as a customer and we would be happy to provide it.
Cookies can help with everything from product recommendations, to telling you which guides or blog articles you have read and which ones you haven’t. Cookies are also used in the shopping process to update your cart.
Only Shelgo Tea is privy to the information gleaned by these cookies and, as with all customer information processed by Shelgo Tea, this will not be sold for marketing purposes to any third-parties.
We don’t believe in making big statements without the proof to back them up, which is why we choose to link to research papers and scientific studies when discussing apparent health benefits, side effects, and other such information in our blog.
We are not affiliated with these sites and cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or broken links. We make sure that our writers and researchers always do their due diligence and we take great pride in the detail provided by these blogs, so if you notice any mistakes or if there is something you would like to point out, please contact us and we will make sure your message gets through to our editorial department.
Shelgo Tea uses the latest encryption technology to ensure that every customer is safe when they make a purchase and that every user is safe when they browse our site, send us queries through our contact forms, or use our Live Chat facility.
We use an SSL certificate to encrypt transmitted data across the whole site and we also use secure payment services that add an additional layer of security when you are making a payment.
Shelgo Tea uses analytics software to discover who is using the website, how they got here, where they came from, and how long they stay. This data is provided by the Google Analytics service and is commonplace on most websites.
We do not share this data, and it will only be accessible to certain members of the Shelgo Tea team. We use this data to enhance customer experience and to improve the usability of our website. If you would like to opt out of this, see “Cookies” above.
We do not work with third-party companies and we do not expose our customers’ details to third-party marketers. We do use third-party apps, plugins, and databases, but these are stored on Shelgo Tea servers and the data gathered by these is only available to members of the Shelgo Tea team.
- Live Chat: To contact us through Live Chat, just click the message icon on the bottom right of any Shelgo Tea page. This is currently in a testing phase and will not be available at all times, but our staff will be on hand intermittently and you can leave them an offline message if you don't catch them live.
- Email: You can send us a message through our Contact Us page. The form at the bottom of this page will direct your message to the correct department.
- Write to Us: Shelgo Tea, PO Box 303, Morpeth, NE61 9GA, UK.