What are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small file that collects and stores user data. This data is used by the Shelgo Tea website to provide the customer with a fast, responsive shopping experience and is essential for maintaining a functioning shopping cart and operating user accounts.
Safety and Personal Data
Cookies are completely safe and do not pose a threat to the user. The data gathered by these cookies is not sold, leased, traded, or given away, nor is it used for marketing purposes not explicitly requested by the user.
The data gathered by these cookies does not include sensitive information such as names, addresses, and contact information and focuses instead on website activity (pages visited, links clicked) and shopping cart functionality (items added, items removed).
- To allow customers to maintain an account, which they can use to check their order history and stay logged in as they browse.
- To allow customers to add items to their shopping cart and keep them there as they browse the site.
- To ensure the order process runs smoothly and quickly.
- To make recommendations based on site activity.
- To keep track of website visitors through the use of analytics software.
You can choose to opt out of Google Analytics by visiting this link. This will opt you out of all websites, which means your activity will not be logged on any Google Analytics website that you visit.
You can also disable cookies through your web browser. You can typically find this option in your browser’s settings (in Chrome, it’s under Settings>Advanced>Privacy and Security) but it’s different for all browsers.